January 13, 2014

71st annual Gloden Globes

Wow  what a night! Some serious surprise winnings, awkward speech a la Jacqueline Bisset, and hilarious jokes via Fey and Poehler. The best joke of the night was hands down:
 "And now, like a supermodel's vagina, let's give a warm welcome to Leonardo DiCaprio."- Fey

The Skit with Feys love child(Poehler) looking for his father, who is obviously Idris Elba

And Woody Allen not being there to accept his award... I hope he is good health, but he better have a great reason for not showing up!


In case you missed it, here are the Winners... (the X or the ζ represent who I predicted to win-X and who I wanted to win ζ) and my opinions on who/what won. I kept it short and to the point. but seriously Brooklyn nine, nine? where is the eye rolling emoticon when needed.


1. BEST MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA
Χ
a
12 YEARS A SLAVE
Plan B Entertainment, New Regency Productions and River Road Entertainment; Fox Searchlight Pictures
Knew it! I feel as though this movie was a lot like Argo (Affleck won for best director, but no other Globes were given to anyone affiliated with Argo) was last year, didn't win in any other category, but took home the Globe for what really mattered

 2. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA
a
Cate Blanchett
BLUE JASMINE
I found Blue jasmine incredibly boring, and I am not a Blanchett fan so I wasn't rooting for her expecting her to win, but congrats Cate.

3. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA
Χζ
d
Matthew McConaughey
DALLAS BUYERS CLUB
Can you blame HFPA for picking him? Dude dropped 40+ pounds to play a man with AIDS.

4. BEST MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
ζ
a
AMERICAN HUSTLE
Columbia Pictures and Annapurna Pictures; Sony Pictures Releasin
Obviously Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are gold together! 

 5. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
a
AMY ADAMS
AMERICAN HUSTLE
Didn't expect her to win, but so happy she did! What an amazing actress, so classy. She will always be Princess Giselle to me!

 6. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL
c
LEONARDO DICAPRIO
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET
I mean if snorting crack off a woman's ass is Golden Globe worth, then why didn't GIRLS win tonight?

 7. BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Χ
c
FROZEN
Walt Disney Animation Studios; Walt Disney Pictures
Shocker. A Disney Film won.

8. BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Χ
b
THE GREAT BEAUTY
(ITALY)
(La Grande Bellezza)
Indigo Film, Medusa Film, BABE Films; Janus Films
I just guess this would win, because it was Italian... yeah Congrats dude I could not understand!


 9. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE
ζ
b
JENNIFER LAWRENCE
AMERICAN HUSTLE
YASSS!!! Homegirl did it again! She can do no wrong!

 10. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE
Χζ
e
JARED LETO
DALLAS BUYERS CLUB
Love me some Leto. he is such an amazing actor and for this to be his first film in 6 years, wow, he obviously didn't loose his touch.

 11. BEST DIRECTOR - MOTION PICTURE
a
ALFONSO CUARÓN
GRAVITY
not impressed. 



 12. BEST SCREENPLAY - MOTION PICTURE
 ζ
a
SPIKE JONZE
HER
Does anyone else think Spike Jonze is gay? besides the point, I'm glad he won, such an original screenplay!

 13. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - MOTION PICTURE
a
ALEX EBERT
ALL IS LOST
I just figured Hans Zimmerman would win, because hello Hans Zimmerman! But Alex Ebert obviously deserved this Globe, and hopefully many more to come (-side note, my nana called me to complain that "He has damn bobby pins in his head...")


 14. BEST ORIGINAL SONG - MOTION PICTURE
c
“ORDINARY LOVE” — MANDELA: LONG WALK TO FREEDOM
Music by: Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen, Jr., Brian Burton
Lyrics by: Bono
Should have know. I mean Bono... nough said! but I was being hopeful with wanting Atlas to win, and I work with kids so Let it Go would have won if it was up to my kids!


 15. BEST TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA
Χζ
a
BREAKING BAD
AMC
Sony Pictures Television
Are we really shocked? It was their last season and they have won previous years... and this pat season was a show stopper! way to go out Breaking Bad!

 16. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA
e
ROBIN WRIGHT
HOUSE OF CARDS
Couldn't get into house of cards, but I know Hoda Kotb from the 4th hour of Today is happy! Run Jenny Run- did you see Robin run down to accept her Globe, Jacqueline Basset take a lesson from Wright on how to walk to get your award in a timely manner!

 17. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA
Χζ
a
BRYAN CRANSTON
BREAKING BAD
ABOUT DAMN TIME! he has been nominated so many times and finally! What a way to wrap up the end of a great show with a golden globe! congrats Cranston, I hope I see you on my TV screen weekly soon!

 18. BEST TELEVISION SERIES - COMEDY OR MUSICAL
b
BROOKLYN NINE-NINE
FOX
Universal Television
no clue why. d  u  m  b.



 19. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

e
AMY POEHLER
PARKS AND RECREATION
Poehler/Bono love child may come from this win! way to go Amy!

20. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES - COMEDY OR MUSICAL
e
ANDY SAMBERG
BROOKLYN NINE-NINE
Again. why?

21. BEST MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Χ
b
BEHIND THE CANDELABRA
HBO
HBO Films in association with Jerry Weintraub Productions\
Are we really shocked? They took home all the Emmy's--- they even beat out The Bible. I am glad that we can finally move past this TV movie!


22. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION


ELISABETH MOSS
TOP OF THE LAKE
I love the Sundance channel, but I feel as Rectify should be nominated! but Top of the Lake will have to represent them for now. Thank you Elisabeth Moss for flicking off the the ManiCam on the red carpet!

23. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Χ
b
MICHAEL DOUGLAS
BEHIND THE CANDELABRA
Again, Called it! I'm so over this movie. It was okay, and the actors was great, but over it! Congrats Michael!

24. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

a
JACQUELINE BISSET
DANCING ON THE EDGE
All I have to save about Bisset...




25. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

e
JON VOIGHT
RAY DONOVAN
I mean Voight can do no wrong... well besides parent, did I say that?