June 15, 2014

Offically an "adult"...

Today, June 15th, 2014, I, Porshia Carter, am officially an adult and a comma abuser! I'm 21!!! I thought being 21 would feel different, but so far my hour into adulthood feels the same. Maybe this will be the year...the year of what? No clue, but it will be a year. So far on my 21st birthday I have accomplished: finishing Divergent...which is sort of sad considering I am a little behind in the Roth fandom and a few years to "old" for young adult novels... I am quite proud of myself.
 Being 21 makes me nervous. Getting older makes me nervous. It is the one thing that I dread more than anything. Aging. Not for vanity reasons, but for unreadiness. I know, no one is ever really ready to grow up, we think we are, but we aren't. I mean I am an adult, I am grown, I am woman hear me roar. It is just weird to think I am not this 16 year old girl anymore. I know others haven't seen me as 16 for many years, yet, I feel as though I am still this baby who needs to be protected and told to back away from the street. I am a big big kid, not more mild stone birthdays until I am 50... I guess you can count 30, but It will be like fall day lights saving, as soon as I turn 30, I will go back to 29. (I am closer to 30 than I am to 10-shit I feel old.)
I am 21 ya'll...what? Where did the time go?
This is crazy!

1 comment:

Rhonie said...

Happy Birthday, birthday sharing friend! I am thankful for you and all that God has invested in you over your 21 years! Embrace the life He has given you and seek to fulfill the purpose He has for you each day! You are an awesome mentor and don't forget about that! Keep your eyes focused on those Principles and you will make huge differences in the lives you touch!
Here is a hug just for you! I'm her to chat!
Rhonie